Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Thanks (and No Thanks) for these memories

I’m thankful for so many things in this Thanksgiving week (as I wrote to many of you):

Visionary clients
Demanding users
Trusting partners
Sharing industry thought leaders
Dedicated CMC associates
Busy regulators
Myriad competitors
Supportive investors
Loving family and friends

Additionally, I’m thankful to have a brain I can exercise to be reasoned and fair-minded, seeking to inform myself of both sides of a given debate in order to make a solid decision for my company or an informed decision for my community or country. Take a look at this editorial by David Carr (
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/12/business/media/when-our-news-is-gerrymandered-too.html), which presents an argument that we need to actively engage in reasoned discourse or else we face an increasingly dangerous trend toward herd mentality and non-compromising extreme positions.

I’d also be thankful to never again have to hear about:

Sequester
Fiscal cliff
Government shutdown
Euro-zone meltdown
Radical republicans
Extreme liberals
Political suicide
The Great Recession
Twitter IPO valuation
Overzealous regulators
Get-rich-quick schemes
Protecting consumers from themselves
Rogue collectors


PLEASE ADD YOUR THANKS/NO THANKS FAVORITES

 

No comments:

Post a Comment